Laminate Flooring Installation
Laminate flooring is the most preferred flooring product, both aesthetically and affordably. Parquets are generally produced between 6 cm and 12 cm thickness with or without joints. As the thickness of the laminate flooring increases, their durability increases and provides longer-lasting use.
Materials Required for Laminate Flooring Installation
- Laminate floors, usually mattresses and skirting boards are sold as a complete set and these products also help in its application. The thickness of the mattress is usually 2mm and it will usually appear as white. The kapron product, which is thicker instead of the mattress, performs the same function. Kapron is sold in thicknesses of 3 millimeters and 5 millimeters. You can use aluminum mattresses in places with underfloor heating. These products are laid under the laminate flooring and thus help for heat and sound insulation.
- You can also use door sills that are compatible with your parquet or the color of your door. These thresholds are of different types according to the place of use. Threshold types; While U, L, Z, the most preferred model is the flat threshold.
- To the edges of the doors and the bottom of the heating pipes in the application of laminate flooring; sealant and silicone should be tightened. While silicone is a transparent filling, mastic is colored. You can choose according to the color of your parquet. During application, mastic is more preferred especially for dark parquets.
- In addition to these, you must have a tool bag and a parquet cutting motor with you for the application.
How is Laminate Flooring Installation?
- First of all, the floor on which the parquet will be applied must be cleaned. If there are any paint or concrete protrusions on the floor, especially in order for the parquet to fit on the floor, they should be smoothed with the help of a spatula before the process and the entire floor should be made flat. In this way, you will have longer-lasting and solid flooring.
- Especially in the buildings that come out of new construction; Concrete residues on door bottoms, corners, and thresholds must be corrected.
- Mattress or kapron is laid on the clean floor, which is ready. For houses with underfloor heating, an aluminum mattress will be more suitable.
- You should place wedges of approximately 2 centimeters at the bottom of the wall where you start laying the parquet. If you want, you can cut these wedges in a square shape from the parquet you use and use the same product. Thanks to the wedges, the parquet will not swell during application. However, another issue to be considered is the expansion of these wedges in the summer months. Expanding wedges can lean against the wall, and therefore swelling may occur. It will be more convenient to place the wedges by leaving a stretch on the walls.
- After completing the laminate flooring application, you can place a threshold on the door in the room. Even if the thresholds you use have their own adhesive, do not forget to reinforce them with silicone. While the sills glued with silicone are drying, if you put weight on them, it will dry more smoothly and quickly.
- Finally, you can fill the gaps by spraying the same color mastic as the parquet on the pipe bottoms of the threshold, door and heater cores. After all these processes, the floor is cleaned and your laminate flooring is ready for use.